Our Mission, Vision and Values
The North Sound Behavioral Health Organization [North Sound BH-ASO] contracts with the Washington State Health Care Authority to provide help to persons in the 5 county North Sound region who are experiencing a crisis due to mental illness or substance abuse.
We may also be able to offer other services to those who need help due to mental illness and/or substance abuse who are not eligible for Apple Health [Medicaid], are low income and do not have insurance. Crisis Services are provided to everyone regardless of income or insurance status.
We are governed by a Board of Directors consisting of county elected official from the North Sound Counties. We make behavioral health services available by contracting with local behavioral health agencies.
Our Mission is to empower individuals and families to improve their health and well-being.
Our Vision is a system of care that is shaped by the voices of our communities, and people using behavioral health services. The people who work in this system are competent, compassionate, and empowering and supportive of personal health and wellness.
- Integrity: We nurture an environment of transparency, trust and accountability
- Collaboration: We believe every voice matters
- Respect: We accept and appreciate everyone we encounter
- Excellence: We strive to be the best in everything we do
- Innovation: We endeavor to try new things, be forward thinking, learn from mistakes and be adaptable
- Culture: We endeavor to cultivate cultural humility in attempting to understand the world view of the persons and communities we serve
- Social Equity: We commit to working to reduce institutionalized racism and reduce disparities in health care