Crisis Can Affect Anyone at Anytime
Crisis Services Professionals are available by phone 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to speak with anyone experiencing a crisis due to mental illness and/or substance use issues. Crisis outreach services are available to everyone in Island, San Juan, Skagit, Snohomish, and Whatcom Counties. Call North Sound Region's 24/7 Crisis Line: 800.584.3578
The Crisis Line can help when you or someone you care about is:
- Thinking about or talking about harming yourself or others.
- Thinking, talking or writing about suicide.
- Looking for pills, guns or other ways to harm your-self.
- Feeling anxious, hopeless, or desperate.
- Being bullied.
- Being verbally, physically or sexually abused.
- Angry or seeking revenge.
- Acting recklessly or involved in unsafe behavior.
- Increasing their use of alcohol and other drugs.
- Avoiding friends and family.
- Not sleeping well or sleeping too much.
Mobile Crisis Outreach Teams are available to help those in the community experiencing a crisis due to mental illness and/or substance use issues. They provide assistance in community settings such as homes and schools. They are professionals trained to evaluate a person for safety, de-escalate a crisis, and provide information and education. They also refer people to community behavioral health services for additional support.
Crisis Service Providers
To report a crisis alert via the web, please fill out and submit the form on the Care Crisis Response Site, at https://crisis.nsbhaso.org.
Beginning in 2020, the North Sound BH-ASO has commissioned an annual assessment of the crisis system. This Annual Assessment is developed to not only satisfy our reporting requirements with HCA, but to provide a brief examination of how the crisis system is operating and identify opportunities to improve or expand service delivery as part of our strategic planning.