Crisis Services

Crisis Can Affect Anyone at Anytime

Crisis Services Professionals are available by phone 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to speak with anyone experiencing a crisis due to mental illness and/or substance use issues. Crisis outreach services are available to everyone in Island, San Juan, Skagit, Snohomish, and Whatcom Counties. Call Our Toll-Free Crisis Line: 800.584.3578

The Crisis Line can help when you or someone you care about is:

  • Thinking about or talking about harming yourself or others.
  • Thinking, talking or writing about suicide.
  • Looking for pills, guns or other ways to harm your-self.
  • Feeling anxious, hopeless, or desperate.
  • Being bullied.
  • Being verbally, physically or sexually abused.
  • Angry or seeking revenge.
  • Acting recklessly or involved in unsafe behavior.
  • Increasing their use of alcohol and other drugs.
  • Avoiding friends and family.
  • Not sleeping well or sleeping too much.


Mobile Crisis Outreach Teams are available to help those in the community experiencing a crisis due to mental illness and/or substance use issues. They provide assistance in community settings such as homes and schools. They are professionals trained to evaluate a person for safety, de-escalate a crisis, and provide information and education. They also refer people to community behavioral health services for additional support.

Crisis Resources

Volunteers of America 

To report a crisis alert via the web, please fill out and submit the form on the Care Crisis Response Site, at

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 800.273.8255

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 


Components of the Crisis Services System

  Volunteers of America (VOA) operates a 24/7 Toll-free crisis and professional triage Line for the North Sound Region.  Toll-Free Crisis and Triage line services support individuals and families in...MORE >

Suspect Fraud?


Anonymously report suspected fraud, waste, or abuse to the North Sound BH-ASO Compliance Officer by using the Compliance Hotline.

Learn More

Dissatisfied with service?


or visit the Ombuds website for assistance in filing a complaint or appealing a denial of service.

Learn More